South Africa’s premium online butchery, MyBraai, has teamed up with wine experts from Leopard’s Leap to craft the dynamic MyBraai Meat & Wine Pairing Theatre. This ultimate foodie experience will add to the tasty programme at Fire & Feast Meat Festival presented by Crown National, taking place at Joburg’s Ticketpro Dome from 8 to 10 June.
“MyBraai supplies only the best range of meats which is why we decided to partner with one of the country’s leading winemakers for an enlightening and tasty feature,” explained Dino Nathanael of MyBraai. “Our talented in-house Chef Masego will be preparing beef, chicken, lamb and biltong dishes from our exclusive cuts of meat. Sommeliers from Leopard’s Leap will then discuss how they best pair with their selected Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot and Chardonnay Pinot Noir options.”
During the one-hour tasting sessions, MyBraai Meat & Wine Pairing Theatre guests will get to enjoy five starter-portion dishes of MyBraai’s premium meats while sipping on the complementary Leopard’s Leap wines and tasting the delicate flavour fusions. Visitors to this gourmet theatre will also receive giveaways at the event.
“The entire MyBraai Meat & Wine Pairing Theatre experience is intended to be a relaxed, enjoyable occasion which leaves guests full and enlightened at the same time,” said Nathanael. “It is ideal for foodies with a passion for all things gastronomic but is also suited to those looking to learn something new about taste pairings while having some fun.”
He said the insights learnt at the theatre could easily be adopted in a home setting: “A good meal does not comprise of one single element that stands out, but a combination of many flavours brought together that create an experience in taste. Having the right combination between meat and wine creates the perfect formula for a good meal, taking into account the various strengths of tastes and textures.”
A taster of the tasters
MyBraai and Leopard’s Leap are giving visitors a sample of what to expect from the MyBraai Meat & Wine Pairing Theatre.
• Leopard’s Leap Sauvignon Blanc – This refreshing wine with its herbaceous notes will pair well with fresh salads containing asparagus, pea shoots and basil. Simple, seasoned ingredients such as oysters and prawns will be complimented by this wine.
• Leopard’s Leap Chardonnay or Pinot Noir – The prefect aperitif and a versatile food companion to duck, Mediterranean cuisine, sushi and an array of soft cheeses.
• Leopard’s Leap Cabernet Merlot – Serve with flavourful meat dishes, such as lamb, accompanied by a sweet mint sauce. Also great with Cape Malay curries and bobotie.
• Leopard’s Leap Cabernet – Enjoy this wine with rich, red meat dishes such as beef bourguignon and oxtail. Savour with fruit cake or other desserts containing hints of cinnamon and cloves.
Tickets to the MyBraai Meat & Wine Pairing Theatre are R150 per person, available from www.computicket.co.za. This ticket gives the holder access to the exclusive tasting theatre as well as unlimited access to the rest of the Fire & Feast Meat Festival. These include, among others:
• Jack Daniel’s Whiskey Bar & Restaurant
• The Sparta Beef Theatre, The Poultry Theatre brought to you by County Fair & Festive, The SAPPO Pork Tasting Room and The Lamb & Mutton SA Theatre
• Braaitology brought to you by Chad-O-Chef
• BRM Bistro
• Wine Tasting Area
• Live entertainment daily
• SA’s Winning National Butchers Team supported by Crown National
• A range of exhibitions which complement the ultimate South African meat and braai experience
Book now to avoid disappoint and enjoy the chance to eat, meat, feast repeat at the ultimate meat, braai and music celebration. No alcohol will be served to U18’s.
For more information follow Fire & Feast Meat Festival on:
Facebook: Fire and Feast Meat Festival
Fire & Feast Meat Festival Schedule
Exclusive Trade Morning on Friday 8 June: 10am – 12pm
Open to the Public Friday 8th June: 12pm – 6pm
Saturday 9th June: 10am – 6pm
Sunday 10th June: 10am – 6pm
Ticket price: Adults R100
Trade: R100 at the door