The innovative design by Xperience Luxury in partnership with Max Fine, Theo Bothma Architect Designs and Luxury Living, saw the team taking home the coveted ‘Best Overall Stand’ at this year’s Decorex Joburg Exhibitor Stands’ Awards which took place on Wednesday, 7 August.
The interesting use of materials, authentic design and accessibility through a multitude of entrances created a really impressive overall feel at the Xperience Luxury Stand. Through clever architectural design, visitors felt as though they were transported into another space, completely outside of an exhibition setting.
“This year’s exhibitors really set the bar in terms of innovation in stand design in a way that both caught the eye and encouraged audience engagement,” said Anita Bloom, the Creative Director of Decorex SA. “I’d like to thank the judges for their time and expertise shared; and congratulate the winners of this year’s Decorex Joburg Exhibitor Stands Awards, with a special mention of the 2019 Best Overall Stand winner – Xperience Luxury.”
The annual exhibitor awards, hosted on the first evening of Decorex Joburg, honour the leading exhibitors for their ingenuity in stand design. This year the awards welcomed an exclusive panel of judges tasked with selecting the top exhibitors in 15 awards’ categories. This year’s judging panel consisted of Dave Nemeth of Trend Forward; renowned South African designers, Abiah Mahlose and Brad Muttit; interiors’ photographer, Elsa Young; and award-winning designer, Deborah Garth.
The shortlisted awards’ candidates are put forward for the Excellence Awards which were assessed by the judging panel. The Decorex marketing team, led by Zoe van Niekerk, was then tasked with selecting the winner of the Marketing Award. Criteria for this particular winner included engagement with the show and exhibitors through various platforms. This year’s recipient produced a phenomenal social media campaign that included pre-show and on-show competitions, involving the next generation. For the third time this year, Franke South Africa, took home the award.
Because of the extensive exhibitor participation at all three Decorex 2019 exhibitions, the Decorex team announced a new award category this year – Best Furniture Stand – to recognise this creative excellence. The new award category will be incorporated into the annual exhibitor stand awards going forward. The inaugural Decorex Joburg Best Furniture Stand award was given to One One Eleven Design for its amazing styling and multi-discipline furniture.
Outstanding kitchen designs were on show at this year’s new feature, the Kitchen Design Project by The Studio Collection. After long consultation, this year’s award was presented to Nordic Kitchens for their aspirational kitchen design which maximised on space.
This year’s awards were presented by Decorex Joburg patron and globally-renowned interior designer, Stephen Falcke, alongside Anita Bloom. Commenting on the 2019 stand designs, Bloom said:
“The ability to capture the audience attention hinges on a well-designed stand that both attracts the visitor while making them feel comfortable enough to remain and engage,” said Cullingworth. “The Joburg exhibitors always put on a fantastic display, and this year’s incorporation of the show theme – ‘Designing for Africa – feels like home’ – really resonated with visitors. It was a really comprehensive display of the latest design products and trends that work so well in a local setting.”
Special thanks were also extended to iFrames for sponsoring all the frames and certificates for the ceremony, as well as Lowe Furniture Design for designing the awards.
DECOREX JOBURG EXHIBITOR STAND AWARDS 2019
• Best Overall – Xperience Luxury in partnership with Max Fine, Theo Bothma Architect Designs and Luxury Living
• Best Shell Scheme – the Wine Room
• Most Interactive Stand and Innovative Product – Wanderlust Co.
• Best Newcomer – Task Interior Styling
• Best Cooking and Cuisine – The Goods Shed
• Best Craft Collective – Tartaruga Design
• Best Kitchen & Appliance Stand – Slavin
• Best Bathroom – Sterlings
• Best Plan & Build – Zuberi Flooring
• Best Décor – Task Interior Styling
• Best Furniture – One One Eleven Design.
• Best Small Stand – Blaw Design
DECOREX JOBURG CERTIFICATES OF EXCELLENCE
• Garden of the Future in collaboration with Create A Landscape, Easy Grass, Mobelli, Union Tiles and Best Deck
• Turnkey Concepts
• ProChef Concepts
• Victorian Bathrooms
• Fabrikate Studio
• Cozi Cot
• La Forma Barcelona Living
• Fabric Trend Bar in collaboration with U&G Fabrics and Décor Identity
• ACDC Dynamics
• Franke South Africa
• Donald Nxumalo Interior Design
• Future Classics
• Sithabe Africa Craft
• Designer Roots
• Tile Gallery
• Urban Living Trend House by Mobelli
Visitors to this year’s Decorex Joburg – taking place at the Gallagher Convention Centre from 7 to 11 August – will get to witness these award-winning stands, as well as enjoying the full features’ programme showcasing the latest in décor and design trends.
• Designer Spotlight with Donald Nxumalo Interiors
• InStudio Trend Theatre by ABSA
• Children’s Playroom & Décor Project
• Kitchen Design Project by the Studio Collection
• The Lighting Project by Streamlights
• Decorex Urban Living Trend House by Mobelli Furniture + Living
• The Trend Kitchen with Slavin and Company
• The Bathroom Project
• Jacobs Gourmet Cooking Theatre built by OLLO Kitchen Designs
• The Rummery & Gin Garden
• Dine & Design Restaurant + Bar by Colette Living Interior Design
• Chocolate & Wine Pairing Theatre by Chocoloza
• The Harvest Table by Rocket Creative
• The Illy Experience
• #withlovefromDecorex featuring Enza Home
• Paint Nite with Yaymaker
• Fabric Trend Bar by U&G Fabrics and Décor Identity
• 2-Day Pop-up market in collaboration with Linden Market
DECOREX SA 2019 DETAILS
7 – 11 August 2019
10am – 6pm daily
Gallagher Convention Centre
Public holiday: 9 August
Trade-focused days: 7 – 8 August 2019
Ticket Prices: Adults – R120
Student/Pensioners – R100
Kids U12 – R20
Trade – R100
Exhibitor – R100
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook: Decorex SA
LinkedIn: Decorex SA