A healthy immune system has never been as crucial as now. Viruses such as the COVID-19 virus will become more common in the future. It is essential to ensure that your immune system has extra support to protect your body from bacteria, viruses, parasites, and fungus that can ultimately lead to infection and disease.
The immune system is an intricate network of organs, cells, proteins, and tissues. It operates as the body’s natural defense system against microbes (foreign invaders). The immune system consists of two main parts, the innate (non-specific) immune system and the adaptive (specific) immune system. The innate immune system is the immune system that you are born with, which includes external barriers such as the skin and mucous membranes of the gut and throat. The adaptive immune system develops when the body is exposed to viruses and diseases.
The main components of the immune system are:
- White blood cells – move through the blood and tissue in your body in search of microbes such as viruses, bacteria, parasites and fungus. When these microbes are identified, the white blood cells launch an attack to protect your body from infection.
- Antibodies – protein molecules that are produced by the body’s immune system when harmful substances (known as antigens) are recognised.
- The complement system – consists of proteins that increase antibodies’ ability to fight infection.
- The lymphatic system – is a network of organs, tissues and vessels that work together to remove toxins and unwanted materials from the body.
- The spleen – is a blood-filtering organ that attacks foreign invaders in the blood.
- Bone marrow – tissue inside bones that produces red blood cells, platelets (helping blood to clog together), and white blood cells (assisting the body to fight infection).
- The thymus – filters blood content and produces white blood cells.
Why improve your immune system?
If a healthy immune system encounters a pathogen it should ideally trigger an immune response. Even though the immune system’s sole purpose is to protect the body from various viruses, bacteria, parasites and fungus, it sometimes requires assistance to reach its full potential. Some effective ways to boost the immune system is getting enough sleep, exercising and eating nutrient-rich foods and strengthening it with specific vitamins and antioxidants.
Why use Immune Health?
Packed with antioxidants and immune-boosting vitamins, Immune Health Capsules has been specifically formulated with ingredients that assist the body in fighting infections, including:
Known for its immune-modulating properties, Yestimun® beta-glucans are natural polysaccharides that are found in the cell walls of yeast. Yestimun® beta-glucans help the body to face its daily immune challenges by stimulating macrophages – a type of white blood cell that kills microorganisms, stimulates other immune system cells to respond to foreign invaders and removes dead cells. This ingredient is known for protecting the body against common colds.
Vitamin C boosts the immune system by stimulating the development of white blood cells. As an antioxidant, it reduces oxidative stress on cells and protects the body against free radicals (unstable molecules that can cause damage if their levels are too high in your body).
Vitamin D3 helps to reduce the likelihood of developing the flu by boosting immunity, while also strengthening bones and muscles, as well as improving your mood and heart function.
Zinc helps the immune system to function properly by activating enzymes that break down proteins in viruses and bacteria, making them less likely to spread. It also encourages the activation of cells that are responsible to fight infection and helps keep inflammation under control. A Zinc deficiency affects cells involved in both innate and adaptive immunity and it is therefore important to add a zinc supplement to your life.
Visit our Shop section to purchase USN Immune Health.
This post was first published at https://usn.co.za/life-articles/immune-health-capsules-article/ This post was first seen at https://zpr.io/isyNQyekzjXh